- The main form of plasma B6
- Helps metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
P5P 50 is the predominant form of plasma B6 and provides a wide range of physiological support. P5P is an important coenzyme in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, and helps release glycogen from the liver and muscles. P5P is required for proper absorption of B12 and magnesium, and for the production of gastric HCl.
Uses For P5P50 Menstrual Comfort: Clinical trials have indicated that vitamin B6 may support menstrual comfort, in part by maintaining healthy neurotransmitter function to promote healthy mood and mental functioning. This vitamin may also provide specific support for wrist nerve comfort as reported in some but not all studies.Central Nervous System Support: In addition, P5P helps maintain the balance of sodium and potassium, which regulates body fluids and promotes the healthy functioning of the nervous and musculoskeletal systems.
- contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- is important in protein metabolism
- contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system and to normal mental function
- contributes to normal energy metabolism as well as protein and glycogen metabolism
- helps to reduce fatigue
- contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- contributes to the normal formation of the red blood cells
- contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity
- contributes to the normal synthesis of cysteine (keratin building block)
What Is The Source? Pure Encapsulations P5P50 is synthetically derived. Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate) is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil. Hypo-allergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Individuals experiencing numbness or tingling with vitamin B6 supplementation should notify their health professional, as vitamin B6 may adversely affect sensory nerves in some individuals (though this effect is more likely to occur at doses greater than 200 mg).